Seared Halibut with Microgreens Salad
- In a large bowl, combine kiwi, cucumber, strawberries, lemon juice, oil, salt and black pepper, to taste. Cover and set aside.
- Season halibut on all sides with cinnamon, cayenne and pinch each salt and black pepper, gently rubbing spices into fish. Heat a large, nonstick skillet on medium-high and mist with cooking spray. Add halibut and cook, turning once, for 4 minutes per side, just until flaky and opaque throughout. Remove from heat, cover skillet and set aside.
- Add basil and mint to kiwi mixture and toss to combine. To serve, divide microgreens among serving plates. Top with halibut and kiwi mixture, dividing evenly.
- 2 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1/4 English cucumber, diced
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved through the stem and thinly sliced
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, plus additional to taste
- 4 6-oz skinless halibut steaks, pin bones removed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/3 loosely packed cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 loosely packed cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 6 cups assorted microgreens