Zucchini Fritters with Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella, Stewed Grape Tomatoes, and Micro Basil
- Prepare the zucchini fritters: Mix all ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook fritters in two batches.
- Drop 6 mounds of batter (2 tablespoons each) into the skillet. Flatten slightly.
- Cook, turning once, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Prepare the stewed grape tomatoes: Place olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking and continuously stirring tomatoes until the skins begin to break open (approximately 8 to 10 minutes).
- Add the sugar and vinegar and continue cooking for approximately 5 more minutes.
- Assemble: Place zucchini fritter on plate and top with one slice of fresh buffalo mozzarella.
- Place 1 tablespoon of stewed grape tomatoes and top with micro basil.
- 1 pound(s) (about 2 medium sized) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) grape seed oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
Stewed Grape Tomatoes
- 2 pint(s) grape tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste